OPWSA FALL CONFERENCE
OCT. 19, 2013
The Ontario Prader-Willi Syndrome Association is hosting an all-day conference for families, legal/financial planners, recreation directors, healthcare professionals, and our own Family Support Coordinator Jessie Phillips to share ideas, stories, scientific updates, and best practises for how to create rich and meaningful lives for the people we love with Prader-Willi Syndrome. OPWSA will host our Annual General Meeting at lunch, and all are welcome to attend. Conference registration gives you voting privileges.
Date: Saturday, October 19
Place: Central YMCA, 20 Grosvenor Street (near Yonge St., between Wellesley and College, and just steps from the Hospital for Sick Children)
Time: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
To register: http://opwsaconference.eventbrite.ca
For info on travel and hotel discounts contact Debra Baptiste at email@example.com.
Sessions include -
- Financial Planning for Children and Adults with PWS: Ron Malis (Advisor, Independent Financial Concepts Group and Worldsource Financial Management, www.ronmalis.com)
- Medical Overview: Dr. Glenn Berall (founder/director Toronto Prader-Willi Syndrome Clinic)
- Dental Overview: Dr. David Farkouh, (Dentistry Clinic, Hospital for Sick Children)
- Nutrition Overview: Karen Balko, (Clinical Nutritionist and PWS specialist)
- Worldwide update: Keegan Johnson (Executive Director, Foundation for Prader-Willi Research)
- Education Overview: Tanya Johnson (Special Education teacher, PWS parent)
- Camping Overview: Kevin Troake (Founder/Director Camp Concord);
- Creating a Home and a Good Life for People with PWS: Susan Beayni (Coordinator of Family Support Services for PLAN Toronto), Patricia Parker (PWS parent, therapist)
- A daylong program for children, teens, and young adults will be run at the YMCA, and will include access to the swimming pool, gym, and teen lounge.
OPWSA gratefully acknowledges the support of SickKids Foundation.
OPWSA is a volunteer-run charity founded in 1982 and supported entirely by donations.
ONTARIO PRADER-WILLI SYNDROME ASSOCIATION
welcomes you to the community of families, caregivers, medical researchers, and educators who live with and support those with Prader-Willi Syndrome. This is a community full of love, hard-earned knowledge, medical and scientific expertise, and a deep commitment to better the lives of those we care for. We work closely with the Foundation for Prader-Willi Research Canada, and with organizations across Canada and the world. Through our Family Support Coordinator and a network of family-to-family communication, our goal is to create rich, healthy, and meaningful lives for people with Prader-Willi Syndrome.